In accordance with the taxi ranks action plan, in August 2015 we published our policy on all ranks and extension areas. This policy set out what points will be taken into consideration when designating a new island rank or extension area. An island rank is a rank located within an all London license area which certain supporting drivers will be permitted to use.
TfL Notice 12/16 New Island Ranks Trial
In accordance with this policy, from today, 20 July 2016, we are starting a trial of two new island ranks at:
• Junction Road (Archway station), Islington.
– Rank number 5786
– Times of operation: 19:00-02:00
– Drivers license for Haringey, as well as all London drivers, can use this rank.
• Clapham High Street, Lambeth.
– Rank number 5787
– Times of operation: 19:00 to 07:00
– Drivers license for the clap and extension area, as well as all London drivers, can use is rank.
These new trial island ranks will be in place for a minimum six months period and will be monitored to assist passengers and drivers usage to determine whether they should be designated as island ranks on a permanent basis.