To absolutely no surprise to the Taxi trade, it’s been exposed that not only Private Hire topographical testing is worthless, the medicals are equally so.
What excuse can there be for endangering the public in this way?
GREED pure and simple.
All this followed up by synthetic outrage from Uber, the very same company that fights every regulation tooth and nail.
We are also expected to swallow that TfL weren’t aware of any of this, well if they didn’t then it’s at best incompetence, at worst a deliberate strategy designed to destroy the world’s No1 taxi trade by creating a cesspool as regulation is unenforced as a matter of POLICY!
Well boys and girls if you want something to get behind, it’s as follows:
1. An immediate enquiry into TfL and LTPH by the very least an eminent QC, it’s relationships with operators, actions and inactions etc etc.
2. Immediate suspension of further PH licensing until a ‘fit for purpose’ licensing regime is in place after 3 below is conducted
3. An audit of all current licence holders (include us if you need, we ain’t got nothing to hide) by an independent certification body (Lloyds Register, Bureau Veritas etc.) to international ISO standards with full disclosure of the results.
4. Revocation for any driver that have obtained their licence by fraudulent means and prosecution for fraud do them and their ‘aiders and abetters’
5. Revocation and if necessary prosecution for any operator that have encouraged or failed to have shown ‘due diligence’ in recruiting drivers with bogus documentation.
So then LTPH your ’empire’ built on sand has been shown for the shambles we all knew it was.
‘Gold standard licensing authority’ says your publicity, Fools Gold more like.
‘One strike and your out’ more PR hogwash.
We ain’t going nowhere, you won’t destroy us!
Over to you Mr Mayor!